For the international contemporary live music industry
LiveUK

Live Nation increases stake in Rock in Rio

WORLD -
World News
August 19, 2019

Live Nation Entertainment (LNE) has increased its shareholding in the Rock in Rio festival brand, which operates festivals in Brazil and Portugal.

The company now owns 60 per cent of the business, according to press reports, leaving founder Robert Medina with 40 per cent.

Head of marketing company Artplan Comunicação, Medina will continue to oversee the 100,000-capacity festival in Rio de Janeiro.

Meanwhile its sister event in Portugal, Rock in Lisboa (80,000), is celebrating its 15th anniversary with a free-admission event in September, featuring artistes such as James, Maestro Rui Massena and James Ivete Sangalo.

Other Stories

Live Nation puts positive spin on Q2 figures

August 8, 2020
Live Nation Entertainment (LNE) was able to extract some positives from its second quarter (Q2) financial report, which was otherwise as devastating as for just about everyone…
Read more

Barracuda gets full CTS support in banking scandal

August 4, 2020
GERMAN PAN-Europeticketing and promotion giant CTS Eventim has stepped in to support the country’s largest promoter Barracuda Groupo after a bank which holds €34 million…
Read more